Skip to content
Things To Remember:
- If possible, avoid using ATMs during hours of darkness. If you must do so, try to have another person accompany you.
- If an ATM facility must be used at night, try to select one in an area that is well lit.
- When possible, try to choose an ATM that is highly visible.
- Thoroughly observe the area around the ATM.
- Be cautious of anyone who engages you in conversation as you approach the ATM, while you are using it or immediately thereafter.
- Be suspicious of anyone who closely observes you while you are using the ATM: Protect your PIN from view.
- Spend as little time at the ATM as possible.
- Don’t count or needlessly expose cash at the ATM.
- Don’t leave your receipt at the ATM.
- Don’t reveal your PIN to anyone in person or over the telephone for any reason, even if the individual represents him or herself as a bank employee.