Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
CDs take the guesswork out of investing. Set aside cash for a predetermined amount of time, then watch it earn competitive, fixed interest until maturity.
Unlike with stocks, there’s no need to worry about CDs losing value. As long as you don’t withdraw funds before the term ends, your investment will grow penalty-free at the agreed upon rate.
- Fixed rates, higher than regular savings
- Receive higher rates by selecting a longer term
- Provides more guarantee than other risky investments
- Set aside for future savings goals
- A variety of terms available
- Many interest payment options available, including:
- Compounded quarterly
- Paid by check, or
- Transferred to another account monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually
- No setup or maintenance fees
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty*
- Minimum deposits to open a CD vary:
- $500 minimum deposit required on 91 days
- $1,000 minimum deposit required on terms greater than 91 days
- $5,000 minimum deposit required for our 30 month "Step Up" Certificate
*Early withdrawals may result in 1% penalty for terms less than one year; a 2% penalty for terms 12-36 months; and a 3% penalty for terms 36 months and over. These percentages are based on principal balance at time of withdrawal.
Withdrawal limitations may apply to all savings accounts.