Mobile Banking & Mobile Deposit
Carry account access with you wherever you go. Mobile banking lets you view your balance, transfer funds, pay bills, and even deposit checks — all from your mobile device.
It’s free, convenient, and secure. Skip countless trips to a branch — sign up today!
- Fast, free, and secure service for customers enrolled in online banking*
- Easily keep track of your finances — even on the go:
- View account balances
- Review history
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Deposit checks
- Receive alerts
- Pay bills
- Available via any web-enabled cell phone or device
- Utilize this service three convenient ways:
- Save valuable time and effort; avoid an extra trip to a branch
First Time Users
Getting started is easy! Here’s how:
Deposit checks using your smartphone’s camera. It’s quick, convenient, and secure. Simply take a photo of your signed check, and submit it for deposit via our mobile app.
No need to swing by a branch to drop off a check in person ever again! We’ll miss seeing you — but we know you won’t miss standing in line. Start taking advantage of this free service today.
- Deposit checks anytime, anywhere from your mobile phone
- Free service for customers with a Neighborhood National Bank personal checking account*
- Save time, avoid unnecessary trips to a branch
- Deposit your check in just a few quick clicks
Tips for Using Mobile Deposit
- Before logging into the Mobile Deposit App, close all other Apps running in the background.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Sign/Endorse the back of your check, and add the words "For Mobile Deposit Only" below your signature, or you can check the box under your endorsement that says, "Check Here For Mobile Deposit" (if the check has that printed on the back of the check). Your check will not be accepted for deposit without the phrase, "For Mobile Deposit Only", or the check box checked.
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area on a solid dark background.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus – all four corners should be visible. The MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) must be readable.
- Launch the Mobile Banking App and select the "Menu" button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select " Deposit Checks"
- Select the correct deposit account from list that you want to deposit to.
- Next select the "amount" and enter that amount of the deposit and enter in check amount.
- Select "Front Image" which will open up your camera on your phone. Camera will automatically take a photo. If the image is clear, continue to back of check. Otherwise, retake the photo by selecting the "Front image" on the screen.
- Once both front and back images are taken, select "Review" to the Review Deposit page and press "Submit" if all information is correct.
- You will then see a Deposit Pending screen showing when the mobile deposit is complete. From here you can go back and review your accounts or do another mobile check deposit.
E-mail and text alerts are now available through online banking! These alerts allow customers to keep track of their accounts and transactions in a convenient manner and can help eliminate the need to call our offices about account balances and certain transactions.
You can set up and customize your alerts for each account through your online banking. Customer Service can also set up the alerts for you.
This is a free service that is automatically available to all online banking customers.
Alerts Currently Available
- Currently there are two alert options available for Checking and Savings via online banking: a Low Balance alert and a Deposit alert
- The Low Balance alert will alert you if your account falls below a $ amount that you set.
- The Deposit alert will alert you every time a deposit posts to your account.
- Also available are three options for Loan account alerts: Loan Maturity, Loan Payment Due, and Loan Past Due Payment
How to Set Up an Alert
1. Click on eAlerts within your online banking
2. Click on CHECKING(0), SAVINGS (0) or LOAN(0) within the window that pops up
3. Click on Setup New Alert
4. Select desired alert type:
For Checking or Savings Deposit Alert:
When setting up a checking or savings deposit alert you must select the account it applies to, select how often (in minutes) you want it to check for a deposit, select whether you want an E-Mail or Text alert, and enter either your email address or your phone number and carrier (i.e. Sprint, AT&T, Verizon). Click Finish.
For Low Balance Alert:
When setting up a low balance alert you must select the account it applies to, the $ amount that your account falls under before an alert is sent, select how often (in minutes) you want it to check the balance, select whether you want an E-Mail or Text alert, and enter either your email address or your phone number and carrier (i.e. Sprint, AT&T, Verizon). Click Finish.
For Loan Maturity, Loan Past Due Payment or Loan Payment Due:
When setting up one of the above alerts, you must select the loan account it applies to, select how often (in minutes) you want it to check and select whether you want E-Mail or Text alert, and enter your email address or your phone number and the carrier (i.e. Sprint, AT&T, Verizon). Click Finish.
A confirmation screen will come up to verify that the alert is set up the way that you want. Click Done, and your new alert will be fully set up!
Editing/Deleting an Alert
1. Click on eAlerts within your online banking
2. Click on CHECKING(0), SAVINGS (0) or LOANS (0) within the window that pops up
Simply click the black X under Delete. (The alert cannot be deleted if the alert conditions are currently being met. For example, if the customer has a low balance alert that they wish to delete, they cannot delete the alert while their account is below the specified low balance.)
Simply click on the page and pencil under Edit and make the desired changes.
- E-mail alerts will send an e-mail to the e-mail address specified by the customer.
- Text alerts will send a text message to the phone number specified by the customer.
- Customers do NOT have to be signed up for mobile banking in order to receive text alerts
- The message does not list any account numbers, balances, or identifying information it simply states that the alert conditions have been met. For example if you have a low balance alert set up the message would say your account has fallen below the desired level.
- These alerts can only be set up for checking accounts at this time.
- Alerts that are already set up can easily be edited or deleted through the online banking access.
Mobile Banking FAQs
Is there a fee for this service?
There is no fee for this service. It’s one more way that Neighborhood National Bank gives you more value by banking with us.
Do I need to be an online banking customer?
Yes, you will need to sign up for Online Banking to be able to take advantage of Mobile Banking benefits.
Will it work on my phone?
Yes, we have three different types of service to fit your needs:
- Smart phone app: Do you have an iPhone® or an Android®? Get your app in a snap! Simply go to iTunes or Google Play and search for “Neighborhood National Bank”, and download the app. With the app installed, you can do everything that Mobile Web Banking can do — with the familiar ease and functionality of that operating system.
- Mobile web banking: It gets even better if you have a phone with internet access. In addition to the Text Banking features, you can transfer money, pay bills, and more. To sign up for Mobile Web Banking, log into your Online Banking account, click on the Options tab, and follow the short instructions.
- Text banking: You don’t even need internet access on your phone! With text-enabled phones, you can view balances and transaction history, and receive account alerts. (Standard text rates may apply from your phone provider.) To sign up for Text Banking, log into your Online Banking account, click on the Options tab, and follow the short instructions.
Is mobile banking secure?
Our bank is very concerned with the safety and privacy of your information and is committed to security. To ensure the security of your account information, a number of security features have been built into Mobile Banking.
For Mobile Banking: Entering your account ID and password has the same great security as Online Banking from a computer, as all the data is encrypted in transmission.
What accounts can I access with mobile banking?
You can access Checking, Savings, CDs, Loans, and more.
What mobile carriers are supported?
Mobile Banking service is supported on the following mobile carriers: Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, TMobile, etc.
My mobile number has changed. What do I need to do to keep my access to mobile banking?
If your mobile number has changed, log in to Online Banking and click on the Mobile Banking tab. You will be able to make changes to your mobile number.
What if my mobile device is lost or stolen?
We will never send full account numbers or other personal information via Mobile Banking. If your mobile device is lost or stolen, no one can access your account without knowing your unique password. In the unfortunate event your mobile device is either lost or stolen, report it immediately to your mobile carrier. Then you should immediately log into Online Banking from your computer and delete that mobile device's phone number from the Mobile Preferences.
Mobile Deposit FAQs
On what devices can I use Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit can be used to electronically deposit checks into your deposit account(s) from your iPhone or Android device using our Mobile Banking App, which can be downloaded from Google Play or the iTunes App Store.
What are the fees for Mobile Deposit?
Neighborhood National Bank does not charge for this service at this time. Wireless message and data rates may apply. Check with your carrier for more information.
What checks can be deposited?
Only complete, unaltered checks in U.S. currency drawn on a financial institution in the U.S. and made payable to the account owner(s) that have been properly endorsed are accepted. Checks dated more than six months prior to the date of the deposit will not be accepted.
The endorsement area will need the payee’s signature(s) along with the phrase “For Mobile Deposit Only”. Your check will not be accepted for deposit without the phrase, “For Mobile Deposit Only”.
Is there a limit to the check amount to be deposited?
Mobile Deposit allows you to make deposits up to $2,500 per day. Higher deposit limits may be available with approval.
When will the funds be credited to my account?
Funds are normally received within two business days. Return later to view your deposit history status. Your Mobile Deposit History is retained within the App.
What do I do with the checks deposited thru the Mobile Deposit App?
Please keep your paper check until the funds are posted to your account. Funds are normally received within two business days. After the item has posted, dispose of the check securely. We recommend cross-cut shredding.
What happens if the deposited check is returned NSF?
A notice will be sent to the customer who deposited a check that was returned to the Bank due to non-sufficient funds. The customer’s account will then be debited for the amount of the check.
Can Business Customers use the service?
Mobile Deposit is not available on our Business Accounts. Remote Deposit Capture is available for our business clients, which allows the scanning of checks through a desktop scanner located at the business. Call one of our Personal Bankers today to find out more about this convenient service.
*Wireless carrier data rates may apply.